Fr. Anthony Kelly visited us in Clontuskert today. It was Fr. Anthony’s ruby (40th) anniversary of ordination, two weeks ago.
Fr. Anthony spoke to us about his life on the missions.
• He went to Ghana 40 years ago.
• It was very hot.
• There was no electricity.
• Twi is the language they spoke.
• He went to Zambia in 2000.
• He was in Zambia for 15 years.
• They speak chebmba.
• He is now in Kenya now and they speak Swahili.
• They make their houses out of clay.
• He has been a priest for 40 years.
• Fr. Anthony told us that there are thirty three young people that want to be priests in Ireland at the moment and three were ordained this week.